Child Protection Policy
Actionwork regards child protection as one of its main priorities. In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people, we have developed and operate the following child protection policy.
- Actionwork is committed to ensuring that everyone employed by us to work with children or young people:
- - have undergone a police check or a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
- - are adequately trained and supervised
- - have read, understand and follow Actionwork’s child protection policy
As part of Actionwork’s commitment to children and young people we have appointed Ms Cath Davis as Child Protection Co-ordinator. All the children and young people involved in activities organised by Actionwork know who she is and how she can be contacted. Should Actionwork have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of Dr Sue Jennings at Rowan Studio International and if appropriate contact the statutory authorities.
- recognises that child protection is everyone's responsibility
- is committed to supporting parents and families
- recognises the unique and individual worth of each child
- is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people
- exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people
- is committed to following statutory and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people
- seeks to support all those affected by abuse
- is committed to supporting and training those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision
- will review its child protection policy annually
Actionwork supports the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.