Artistic and general policy
- Actionwork is:
- - a film, theatre, anti-bullying, empowering and educative organisation
- - an equal opportunity employer
- - has a policy of employing people in terms of their skills and their merits, regardless of culture, class, gender, colour, creed, race, sexual orientation, age and disability
- - a local, national and international organisation
Actionwork’s work is based on respect. Within this the Company aims to break down barriers and restrictive attitudes in people and societies that are disrespectful.
Actionwork has a commitment to cross-cultural exchange and communication, performs to anyone regardless of background, demeanour, situation or circumstance and will perform in any suitable conventional or unconventional venue provided.
Actionwork members and workers work in partnership together with an emphasis on teamwork, are expected to be positive and professional at all times and must present Actionwork and it’s members in a professional and positive light at all times.
- Actionwork aims and has a commitment to:
- promoting educative, entertaining and high quality theatre and film
- showing the importance of action and groupwork activity in its programmes of work
- finding new styles of creative presentation and supporting activities
- developing programmes of work in conjunction with partners & clients
- being open and responsive to the views and aspirations of young people
- collaborating with schools, Local Authorities and other organisations